Table of Contents
Have you decided that you’d like to replace the carpeting in your house? You must be prepared to eliminate the old carpets. Keep in mind that your local trash firm might not be able to remove old carpenters. Instead, allow our junk experts to do the work on your behalf.
We’re The Best Company Offers Carpenter Disposal Services
You can always be sure that we can dispose of all types of house junk. Along with getting rid of appliances electronic, wood, electronics, and other household items, we can also get rid of your carpet. If possible, we’ll remove it away and make sure it is recycled. We’ll always do our best to eliminate the carpet environmentally safe.
Pulling Up Carpet
Removing your old carpet can be pretty simple. You’ll need to forcefully lift it until it breaks free from the tack strip. It’s often an excellent idea to use pliers as they make it simpler. After loosening the carpet on one side, move it with your hands. Make sure you cut it into smaller pieces to make it easier to get out in the future.
Removing Carpet Glue
- It’s good to start by scraping up the glue with a razor or scraper.
- Soften the glue by using a steamer or boiling water for glue that is hard to work with.
- When the glue is soft, and you are ready to remove it, scrape it off with a scraper.
It is possible to follow the same steps until the glue is gone.
Getting Rid Of The Carpet Tack Strip
You’re ready to address the carpet tack strips when you’ve completed the steps above. Be aware of the possibility that you be injured by the nails easily.
- Find the nail head so you can locate the strip of tack.
- Use a pry bar or hammer and place it on the flooring between it and the strip.
- Hit with a hammer the other end of the bar.
- Once you’ve done this, the nail will appear. You can remove the nail.
- You’ll have to keep doing this until the strip is removed with your hands.
- Place the strip inside a bag.
After taking out all Tack strips, sweep the room to get rid of any remaining splinters and nails.
Removing Carpet From Stairs
Removing carpet from stairs will be more difficult. Nevertheless, the process is the same. The tack strip probably snags the strip. This means you’ll have to get it out of the strip. Start by using a pair of pliers. Then, you can remove it with your hands. After you’ve pulled it off, cut it into smaller pieces to get rid of it quickly.